Tuesday 19 September 2017

My Traumatic Experience With A Taxi Driver by Aidil Akmal

               The taxi stopped in front of me and picked me up by the roadside. The time was 1 o’clock in the morning. I took the taxi as I was unable to drive my car. I was out of energy. In the taxi, I sat at the back seat as the front seat was full of backpacks. I was wondering what was inside the backpacks. In full of exhaustion, I fell asleep. It was a long journey for me to go back home. As I woke up, I realised that the taxi drove me far away from home. Then, I asked the driver, “Where are we going?” “Shut up!” the driver shouted furiously. I was extremely shocked.

               I looked outside but I could not see anything as it was as dark as a cave. Then, I started to think negatively that I could have been robbed. I quickly calmed myself down by listening to music from my smartphone. I tried to follow the rhythm of the music but the taxi driver still encouraged me to think about him.

               Out of the blue, I saw a name written on taxi’s dash box which was Sudin. I was stunned by the name. My jaw dropped. My mind was straight away thinking about the newspaper that I had read in my office. A wanted bank robber named Sudin. I was shivering from head to toes. Suddenly, the taxi stopped at an unknown place. I was dragged by Sudin to a small house. My hands and legs were tied up by a thick rope. After that, Sudin unmounted the backpacks from the taxi. The backpacks were full of money.

               I was right. It was the wanted bank robber, Sudin. Then, I shouted, “What do you want from me?!” With full of anger and fierce face he replied, “I want money! Money! Money!” I quickly replied courageously by singing the song entitled ‘Money’. He slapped me on the face and stomp on my chest. “How dare you make fun of me!” Sudin yelled out of his lungs.


               In a blink of an eye, a blue and red headlight covered our eyes. Sudin realised that it was the cop. He tried to run as fast as lightning but unluckily he tripped on the wood pane. The cop ambushed the small house and caught Sudin red-handed. I was untied by a policeman and realised that it was my uncle. He thanked me for reporting the location of the wanted robber. Then, I explained all the incident happened to me as I was the victim in this case. I told the police that I took the golden opportunity to send the location while Sudin was busy unmounting the backpacks. After that, the cop drove me home. A taxi driver named Sudin kept lingering in my mind for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment