Friday 14 June 2019

Nur Aqilah Mohamed Nazir, 5 Delima 2019


     I was cycling around the town when I noticed a shining key coated with gold. I stopped cycling and walked to the key. The key looked unique and antique. It was attractive but I felt weird because there was no one noticing about the key. I took the key and observed it carefully. Out of sudden, a note carved on the key caught my attention.
   
     "You give me the best of me, so I give you the best of you. Let's meet up at the Magic Shop!" I read the note silently and titled my head to the side, feeling confused. I didn't understand what the note meant. I thought I should search for the owner of the key. So, I started with the first door of a random house in the neighbourhood. I knocked on the door and asked if they lost a key and showed them the golden key.

     They looked surprised and admitted that the key was theirs and took it from my hand. They thanked me and shut the door. I guessed it would take quite some time to find the owner, but my assumption was wrong. It was already six and I had to cycle back home. I did not want my parents to get worried of me.

     The next morning, I woke up early and went to my desk to take my phone but then I saw the golden key that I found yesterday next to my Iphone 4s. There was a letter on top of the key. I could not figure out, how they key could be there. I did not realise anyone coming to my room and placing the key there. This was getting weirder. I grabbed the letter and had a look at it. Surprisingly, the letter turned out to be a map and there was a small note written,"So, show me, I'll show you. Please follow this direction and let's meet up at the Magic Shop."

     Curiousity filled inside me and fortunately I was not scared at all. So, the kill the curiousity, I started my journey to go to the "so-called" Magic Shop. I cycled there, looking at the map carefully so that I got the correct direction. As I was about to reach the place, the map was flown by the wind and I got lost. I was extremely disappointed and went back home.

     I looked at the key and decided to take it to the police station. Instead of cycling, I made my decision to walk there. I handed the key to one of the policemen and told them to search for the owner. I headed back home, but still I did not know, I felt guilty.

     When I woke up the next morning, I saw the same golden key again on my desk next to my Iphone 4s but this time with a cup of ginger tea and a map to the Magic Shop. There was also a small note. "Please drink the tea and go to the Magic Shop today. Let's meet up!"

     I did not know why but I just drank the tea and headed to my unfinished destination without feeling any fear. I was cycling leisurely and luckily I reached at the shop. I parked my bicycle in front of the shop and read the signage, "The Magic Shop".

     Without hesitation, I entered the shop and I was greeted by a gypsy lady. 
     "Welcome, Anna! Finally, you have arrived here. I am Madam Dolly and this is my shop. Since you did not give up to search for the shop in these three days, I would like to grant you something. The golden key is yours! By being the owner of the key, you could make a wish every day. Remember, one wish, one day until the day you die!"

    I blinked my eyes in disbelief. It was like a dream came true. Due to my perseverance, I got this once-in-a-lifetime reward. After contemplating for a while, I wished for a motorcycle so that I would not need to cycle anymore and I was still considering what to wish for tomorrow. Wondering to wish for scrumptious food or trendy clothes. I had to admit that day was the luckiest day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment