Tuesday 18 June 2019

Anis Maisarah Samdzul Azman, 5 Delima 2019

     I was cycling around the town when I noticed someone, a person whom I really wanted to talk to, was sitting under a huge tree at the park that I always went with my friends.


     "Is he doing some sketching or sitting doing nothing?" I mumbled. That was when I decided to approach him as this was my golden chance to finally meet my crush, Adam Thompson.

     When the breeze came by, it touched his silky yet well-trimmed blond hair, made my heart flutter even more. I touched his shoulder gently. He turned and gave me the sweetest smile saying, "Hi, Linda."

     "How did you know my name?" I was curious when he knew that 'Linda Hofferson' existed in his memory.

     "I saw you dance during dance class as I was walking by. My friend said that your name is Linda," he replied by pushing his hair backwards and the way his hair got messy was pretty awesome. I was really happy knowing that he knew my name.

     "So, what are you doing here all by yourself, listening to music and ..." I gave him a big gasp when I saw his sketching. He drew the fountain that was at the centre of the park, with perfect details on it. He was a real artist!

     "Magnificent! Did you ..."

     "Yes, I drew it," he cut my sentences with a laughter. 

     "I really love drawings and sketches. Sometimes, I try to draw some fashions on clothes," he continued.

     "I bluntly asked him, "Could you draw a picture of me?" Then I realised what kind of question that slipped from my mouth. I apologised to him when I saw his face look weird, plus shocked.

     "No, I mean, I am okay with it. Besides, I have never drawn anybody else besides my ..." he stopped, with a frowned look on his face. It did make me worry and curious for a while.

    "My late sister," he resumed with tears streaming down. Suddenly I felt guilty for making such a dumb request.

     "I'm sorry," I really meant it. What had I done? I made him cry! I held him in my arms to comfort him. He really did love his sister. 

     "Don't tell others that you saw me crying," he said.

     "If you don't mind, could you please tell me how she passed away?" With a deep breath, he started his story. I listened attentively while stroking his hair, showing how concerned I was to him. It was sad to hear that she passed away in her coma after having an accident three years ago. That was why he transferred to Filmore High School to forget everything. She was his precious sibling as there were just both of them and their parents in the family. He was all alone. His parents were busy with work.

     "Now, I feel accompanied," he smiled happily showing his beautiful, white teeth. 

     'Don't you dare to smile at me like that!' I shouted at myself deep in the heart when he showed me that cute face at me. I face palmed him with bashful laughter. He wiped his almost dried tears.

     "Can I get started?" He asked while picking up his pencil and his sketchbook. I nodded.

     Sitting on a bench with one leg pulled forward while facing him was quite simple to me. It took for a while to be such in a position but I endured the tiredness just to have a perfect sketch drawn by Adam. A few minutes later, he showed me the portrait. I looked very pretty in it. It felt like I wanted him to draw a lot of me. Then, he gave it to me.

     Out of the blue, a limousine honked at us. His driver, with a scornful face was looking at us.

     "Don't worry. He won't eat you. Besides, he never smiles," we both giggled.

     "I guess I have to go now. See you at school?" he said while packing his things.

     "Yeah, sure. Let's hangout sometimes," I accompanied him to his transportation.

     "Okay. Bye then," the limousine screeched away.

     I never got to reply that 'Bye' of his. When I went back to my bicycle, I smiled joyfully. To me, it was my best and luckiest day of my entire life by meeting Adam and spending some time alone together. Also with a piece of his drawing of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment