Thursday 30 November 2023

Read a Book by Sara Sabberi

     For me, reading a book is an escape from reality. I enjoy reading since I was 12 which my first book was 'Cinderella and Fairy Tales' authored by Angela Smith. Since then, I spend most of my leisure time to read and drown in my own imagination.

    I am convinced that reading helps me to be a better person in many ways. Being a bookworm does not mean that  I only read fictional story of a princess and talking frog but indeed I go through all over the genres. As for the fictional, I believe it helps me to be more creative and nourish values in myself, through the lesson we have got at the end of the story. Furthermore, reading actually helps me improve my way of thinking. The most remarkable book that ever affects my mind is '101 Signs That You Are Actually Doing Better.' It comes in a casual style of writing; the book teaches me to be more grateful and positive. Moreover, my vocabulary list piles up and definitely, this comes in handy when writing an essay.

    Unfortunately, most people nowadays do not see reading as an interesting hobby anymore. In my perspective, people would rather spend their spare time scrolling through social media, reading posts and stories. They are more attracted to visuals and pictures than a plain text of alphabets. In short, people are blinded by the addiction of social media from exploring the colourful world of reading. In addition, there are people who clarify bookworm as nerd.

    To sum up, reading is actually a hobby that would give you thousands benefits through the journey. I admit that there will be a certain time you would be as sixes and sevens and the next minute you will be crying like a cry baby by only reading a book. That is actually what makes reading a powerful hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment