Thursday 30 November 2023

Beauty of Bookworm's Hobby by Sofeah Aufa

     Reading books is like going through a portal of whole new world and a chance to escape from reality. In different ways, reading books is also sort of understanding one's creative minds in expressing feelings, experiences and built-up stories of the writers using words.

    In my point of view, the books that suit my heart the most are poetic books. Currently, I am reading Farouq Mahmoud's masterpiece: Outspoken Words, his another compilation of beautiful words expressing the suffering of an empty heart. I feel touched when going through every line of his poem because it makes me full again knowing I am not alone and the feeling of emptiness is actually valid. 

    Books can also be the centre of resources and knowledge. Some books written by successful people are very useful for me in order to grow as a human being who can contribute to others' happiness. There are also books of education, finance and recipe which I read to upgrade myself to be better.

    Despite having so many benefits, reading is not a popular hobby anymore. As we go deep into observing the lifestyle of this generation, smartphones and modern technologies have replaced articles and stories. Lacking of early exposure to reading could also be the main factor of it to be not likeable. 

    Notably, people should play their roles to encourage this generation in practising reading habit every single day since they were kids. Therefore, a brighter generation will be born to lead the world in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment