Monday 25 September 2023

Our Little Secret by Najihah, Sarah Adilla, Afnan & Dhaniya Amira

      It was cold and gloomy morning and I expected it was about to rain. I was already heading to school when the sun had not even risen yet. Since it was my senior year, this was the routine I must follow. As I stood right in front of my class, it was bleak, cold and completely dark. The only visible sight was the flashes of lightning that occasionally brought the loud rumble of thunder. That was the first time I saw him. Little did I know, my entire life was going to be ruined because of him.

    His name was Ethan. My first conversation with him was when we were seated together in class by our teacher. “Asha, could you please show me where the library is?” I was quite surprised because he knew my name. "How do you know my name?" He chuckled, pointing to my Biology notebook on the desk, "it is written on your book."

    Soon after that, we kind of became friends. My first impression towards him was completely wrong. I thought he was some kind of naughty-meanie boy but instead, he was gentle and funny. However, he had a pretty bad temper and I noticed this after a few weeks. There was a time when I offered him some of my favourite garlic breads but he refused. I was still trying to force him to eat it anyway. Who knew he would like it? To my shock, Ethan threw the bread on the floor and left the class. Was it necessary to go on a rage like that?

    Ethan apologised the next day saying he had a severe allergy to garlic. I forgave him with one condition: he must buy me food for a week straight. "No problem, as long as you forgive me." Alas, the long-awaited camp had finally arrived. Knowing Ethan, he did not want to join this camp. "Come on, Asha. You know I hate this under-the-sun activities." There he went again. "Stop complaining, Ethan. The camp is going to be so much fun!" I laughed hysterically when I saw what Ethan wore on the first day of the camp; denim jacket with triple layers of shirts inside, gloves, cap, sunglasses and he even brought an umbrella with him. Wow, this guy really hated the sun.

    That first night in the camp, I was woken up by a sound and I saw Ethan walking into the woods. I glanced at my watch and it was 2.00 a.m. Seriously, Ethan? Curiousity took over me. I followed him and I had never been so regretful in my life. I let a loud shriek when I saw Ethan... biting our camp chief on the neck! He noticed my presence and grinned eerily at me with blood trickling down his chin. "Shh..." He put a finger over his mouth signalling me to keep my mouth shut. He approached me slowly as I was rooted the ground, unable to move an inch. That was when I realised why he hated garlic so much and why he always avoided the sunlight. He was a vampire! He whispered to my ears, "this is our little secret. Keep it, will you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment